BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday 4 February 2008

I don't like Monday's...


Shades of Gray released 6th February through Ellora's Cave -

What was supposed to be a power walk through a cemetery turns out to be the best sex of Temperance Larkin’s life. Is having sex in a cemetery with a stranger a bad thing? Is it odd? Is it bizarre? No more bizarre that being accosted by vampires or finding out the guy who was all tight and hot inside you is a cop. Holy crap! What next?

Asher Marriott is a cop haunted by who he is. A horrible twist of fate condemned him to live his life as a vampire. When Temperance walks into his lonely life he begins to hope that all his efforts to change his fate have not been in vain. Is Temperance the sanctuary he craves?

But an old enemy threatens any peace or happiness Asher and Temperance hope to find. It is going to take the combined power of vampires, a witch and one mortal woman with attitude to kick Madigan Ap Lyr’s ass back to hell where he belongs.

.....I'm up for some arse, pardon my Aussie, ass kicking as well. Arse sounds tougher than ass don't you think?

I had a cow of a day today. I really just want to swear but I won’t. I want to maintain the illusion that I am a lady. What? Of course I am a frigging lady. Anyway, I said the ‘illusion of’ and there in lies the difference. Deep breath, inhale chocolate and smack face. Okay, I’m calm-ish. What happened? I do not even want to think about it let alone talk about it. If I never left the house I would have been a happy camper. Let’s just say if tomorrow is the same I am joining a tambourine banging cult, maybe wearing orange – I look vile in orange – and I may change my name to Moonbeam Star-sniffer and do my hair in dreds. It’s an option…

Chocolate – where would we be without it? I had to stop on the way home for boring vegetables – not carrots – carrots are never, ever boring. I charged through the grocery aisles with

my thank-whichever-god-is-on-shift-today-that-Monday-is-finally-over face and I struck a beautiful sight. The bluebird of happiness? Bambi frolicking in the meadow? A angel playing a harp? No, something way better that that - Tim Tams on sale. How glorious. I’m sure I heard heavenly music and a beam of pure light bathed the packets in a golden glow. I needed chocolate and I believe the universe knew this and delivered it. Sometimes the universe is a benevolent thing and over times I believe it’s just covering its arse when it comes to dealing with pissed off women.

So what de-stesses you? A friend of mine drinks a lot. I don’t advocate this at all. Yeah, I do drink but not to excess and only once a week. I like to remain virtuous and pure. Oh, shut up – I bloody am full of virtue and purity. Drugs – well they’re just plain stupid. I always remember the night I came home from working a night shift at McDonalds in London (Edgeware Rd) and I came

across my fellow chambermaid roommates all naked, with sundry strange naked men, drugged to the eyballs and they were all gazing up at the ceiling and giggling because the sun was so bright and 'the elephant would be burnt.' Brilliant stuff that. No, I’ve never done drugs. I like myself too much. Anyway another friend puffs on hundred fags (cigarettes) while another spends hours at the gym burning up aggression. I believe in some ways stress is good for you. Why? Because every so often you really need to have a bloody good yell and by buying a trolley load of Tim Tams it keeps the economy running. By the way Mr Arnott, how many more times do I have to mention Tim Tams before I get some freebies hmmm? You know where to find me.

So tomorrow…I will gird my loins – a gay friend of mine loves this saying, he is a loin girdler from way back…and expect a better day. I have a hairdresser appointment in the arvo after work. Depending on how the day goes depends if I have my usual intense red streaks or dreds.

There is an excellent chat on tomorrow between 1pm and 8pm (USA EST) at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LoveRomancesCafe/ you would be crazy to miss it as I am sure stuff will be given away. I will be chatting at very-frigging-early-in-the-morning-my-time when I cannot form words properly so come and read by stirring slurrings. The authors listed in the competition below will also be there. They have promised to be awake. Anny Cook of www.annycook.blogspot.com fame and starlet author Kelly Kirch from www.kkirch.blogspot.com will be there...but please go anyway...

The Competition of the month…would I lie? No, of course I bloody wouldn’t. I’m virtuous remember?

What could you spend an eternity doing? What is your passion? Your hunger? Your deepest desire? Each day beginning February 5 and running through February 14 one of the ten authors will complete the line, "My darling I could spend eternity…" on either their blog or website. Collect all ten answers and e-mail them to anny@annycook.com with Eternally Yours in the subject line to win some hot, romantic books. There will be three lucky Valentine winners.

The prizes –

1st prize--5 books

2nd prize--3 books

3rd prize--2 books

The books

Sandra Cox
Silverhills
Mona Risk
To Love a Hero
Brynn Paulin Tribute For the Goddess
Bronwyn Green Mystic Circle
Cindy Spencer Pape Stone and Earth
N.J. Walters Seduction of Shamus O’Rourke
Elyssa Edwards Mating Stone
Amarinda Jones Shades of Gray
Kelly Kirch Time for Love
Anny Cook Honeysuckle

Entries must be in by February 16 at midnight EST. All books and prize winners will be drawn randomly.

www.freewebs.com/amarindajones/
Go ahead: Live with abandon. Be outrageous at any age. What are you saving your best self for?

11 comments:

Anny Cook said...

Toss down another Tim-Tam, girl! It sounds like the kind of day that you ought to have at least two. My guilty pleasure is a chocolate coffee--or perhaps a teeny bit of wine. The wine is a really rare luxury.

Today, I think I'll make a stew (with lots of carrots) Ymmm.

Molly Daniels said...

I'm a White Russian gal...but no more than two per night. Four if I'm really stressed, but spaced far apart!

Hope tomorrow is better for you:)

Phoenix said...

Not a drinker, smoker, or drug-doer. Pretty boring of me, I know. I like to be in control of my faculties though as when I am NOT, it's a scary sight indeed. I'll be at the chattapalooza. Gotta say AJ, I enjoy your Monday's immensely as they make me laugh every time. There's no buying that kind of gut chuckling fun.

Amarinda-the non-drug drug of choice.

Bronwyn Green said...

Chocolate, chocolate, more chocolate and sometimes, the Boomtown Rats played loudly help.

Karen H said...

Stress? I don't see any stress! Do you see any stress? However, if I did experience any stress, I think I would like to try Bundaberg Rum Dry & Lime. That sounds so good. I recently read about this Australian rum while I was researching various alcoholic beverages from around the world. Will have to investigate to see if I can have that stuff shipped to my state in the US.

But, a good substitute for a tall, cool Rum Dry & Lime would be a box of Tim Tams. Again, I've never had those but they sound so-o-o good and would be an excellent stress reliver, IMO.

Cathy M said...

Well, let's see, there is the practical way to relieve stress, and then there is the really fun way. The fun way involves my dh, a locked door, a tub full of bubbles, and some mood music. The music is to drown out the knocking on the door of my boys wanting to know why they have to make their own lunch. The practical way involves escaping the nut house that is my family, a good book, some caffeine and a comfy chair at the local coffee shop.

Unknown said...

On really stressfull days I usually have a couple of drinks and find my dark chocolate. A hug from my kid (if he isn't at his dad's)always helps. If my son (11) notices that I am stressed he launches what he calles a kiss attack, meaning he throws himself into my lap and starts kissing me anywhere he can reach until we are both laughing hysterically.

Then I sit down with a good book and/or favorite movie (yes, I can do both at once) and try to enjoy.

Connie

Unknown said...

Oops! goofed. reposting, sorry.

On really stressfull days I usually have a couple of drinks and find my dark chocolate. A hug from my kid (if he isn't at his dad's)always helps. If my son (11) notices that I am stressed he launches what he calles a kiss attack, meaning he throws himself into my lap and starts kissing me anywhere he can reach until we are both laughing hysterically.

Then I sit down with a good book and/or favorite movie (yes, I can do both at once) and try to enjoy.

Oh yes, and more chocolate!
Connie
elektrarawks@gmail.com

Mona Risk said...

Chocolate, yes if I'm not on a diet, but I spend my life on a diet. If I'm stressed I chew gum, and I make loud noise chewing. It upsets the hell out of my dear hubby and make me feel better. And I go shopping, buy shoes. I have a weakness for shoes. The mall is a fantastic destressing clinic.

Anonymous said...

De-stress?? I don't think I know how to do that any more LOL! Um, read a book. Yeah, a good romance. I can't eat a bar of chocolate because the stress is then replaced with guilt. I do have a glass or two of wine though. Tried the wacky weed in my youth but got bored with that. Was always too scared of anything stronger, thank god! If I'm ever left alone for more than 30 seconds I'll probably turn to the computer. Reading blogs, and my artwork are possibly more ways for me to de-stress. Or watching a movie? So yeah, sitting on my butt generally de-stresses me LOL!

mamasand2 said...

The best thing is a hot sexy man (or mayby even 2)and a even hotter romp between the sheets. Or in just about any other private place.
And mayby a nice glass of wine afterwards befor starting over again.
I can't think of anything better.

Sighing wistfully;
sandie

mamasand2@hotmail.com