BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday 25 September 2009

It’s Friday…

…blessed be this day. I got nothing of any note that I can spruik on in a public forum. I just plan to get through the work day as fast as possible. Do we wish our lives away? No, because work isn’t life is it?

For homework, a class in NSW* were asked to draw their parents at work.
This is Jessica's drawing:


Here's the letter the teacher received the next day:
Dear Mrs. Jackson, I wish to clarify that I am not now, nor have I ever been, an exotic dancer.

I work at Bunnings** and I told my daughter how hectic it was last week after the floods hit. I told her we sold out every single shovel we had and then I found one more in stock and several people were fighting over who would get it.

Her picture doesn't show me dancing around a pole. It's supposed to depict me selling the last shovel we had in the store.

*NSW – New South Wales (Oz)
** Bunnings – hardware store

The judgements we make on others huh?

As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters never be pointing the wrong direction

www.amarindajones.com
www.amarindajones.blogspot.com
Be daring...read an Amarinda book

3 comments:

Anny Cook said...

Ah, I love it! Excellent story!

Sandra Cox said...

Funny. How are you, mate?

Unknown said...

LOL. Kids interpret things funny. Not only kids unfortunately.