BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday 28 April 2011

I ponder…




I noticed one of the publishers is now putting more books into print than ever. That makes me suspicious. Why? Well previously before, with this mob, you had to literally beg or suck up big time to prove you were worthy of your story going into a paperback. Now, between you, me and the garden post there is stuff all monetary return in a print book – unless I guess you’re JK Rowling or it’s a re-print of War & Peace or the Bible. So, I ponder why all of a sudden they’re putting out print books for authors who they never considered ‘worthy’ of them before? Possibly wanting to keep the authors they have from leaving as many have before them? Hmm…

Also, they seem to be using the same cover models over and over again. You know when you have no money and you re-use things until their limp and ragged and you’re sick to death of them? I’m wondering if that’s the same deal here. Use cover model Hunky H Hunk like an over-worked tea bag because he’s locked into a contract and costs less than other models.

Interesting times to ponder in romance land…

1 comments:

Sandra Cox said...

You know it truly is interesting times, my thoughts are with self pub being on the cutting edge and accepted these days, if pubs don't pay decent royalties and put the books in print, they could and probably are losing authors in droves.