BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday 15 May 2012

No photos please...


So, I’m not a fan of having my photo taken. Why? I’m just not. Maybe it’s psychological – maybe I’m just psycho. Anyway, today at work they wanted a team photo. I declined. “But we’re a team.”  Er, no, we’re not. We’re a bunch of people who turn up to the same place every day to get paid.  Sure, we dress alike but that’s due to the fact that it’s a hell of a lot easier wearing a uniform to work than wearing your own clothes. “But you have to.” Er, no, I don’t. “So you’re not going to?” No. “Really?” Really truly madly deeply with rainbow sprinkles on top. “But it won’t be the same without you.”  Yes, it will. “How?” Because you’re all grown-ups who have the ability to rise above this grave disappointment in your lives and forge on to have fulfilling destinies, climb mountains, cross raging rapids and defy the fates, while laughing at the concept of limiting yourself and vowing to live to fight another day, bloodied and bruised by this experience yet knowing you are stronger and wiser for the fact I will not be in your bloody photo. See? Work relations are easy.  

1 comments:

anny cook said...

Yeah, I'm not much for photos, either!