BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday 3 November 2013

Where is the poxy R?"


So, Out of Africa was on TV. I saw this once many moons ago and I thought it was the most boring movie. Anyway, today, I was trying to put this thing together – slot A into F – "why F for god sake? Where did B go?" Twirl C around E, put the space expanders on R – “R? Frigging R? Where is R on this pigeon English diagram?” Toggle D into E and drink 2 glasses of wine and swear a lot …and it was about then I decided to turn the TV on and work on the piece of mechanical shite with something in the background to take my mind of slotting, space expanders and where R was lurking. I turned on the TV and there is Meryl Steep and Robert Redford falling in love in Africa. I stared at the screen for a while and thought "huh, romance" and then turned it off. I’m really over romance at the moment. I think it's called "romantically drain syndrome" or maybe I made that up - but it fits the feeling. I think that, along with other stuff, has got me stopped dead with 4 half written stories. The characters are good – I like them. The plots are good – I’m pleased with them but then I stop when it comes to the romance. I’ve written all around it, sideways, upside down and then nothing. Dead stop. The characters in all 4 stories are fidgeting and staring at each other waiting for me to continue. I think they’re going to be stuck for a little bit longer. Unlike Meryl and Robert, romance is off the agenda. Oh, and the piece of mechanic shite with the poxy hidden R? It’s on the floor in pieces. One day it and romance will get their collective acts together.         

2 comments:

Jefferson Merrick said...

I like it, not the fact that you are stuck but the way you describe the sentiment; unrequited ambition thwarted due to a lack of romantic inspiration. You need some LURVE!

anny cook said...

Yeah...I'm with you there...